Re: [gedit-list] Pyhon shell plugin and imported libraries methods inspection through TAB

On gio, 2007-05-31 at 12:20 +0200, Marcello Golfieri wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I noticed that the python shell plugin in Gedit doesn't ship with
> autocompletion feature by pressing tab, while system console shells
> running Python in interactive mode do provide it (I mean the ability
> to show methods and so on of a imported library by just pressing tab
> after the dot. Not actually autocompletion, in fact).  As of right
> now, I'm developing with a open shell on one side....

I guess the python console you are using is iPython (which is indeed
very cool), the native python console doesn't have tab completion.
It would be cool to have that in the python console plugin, but it's not
a small task.

ciao
	Paolo