Re: [gedit-list] Too many files error

I am using 2.18.1 (ships with Ubuntu Feisty)
I am using most of the plugins that come with gedit plus ClassBrowser
No files that failed to open as far as I remember.
I can't work out a simple way to reproduce. Both times I had quite a few files (say 20) open and had been editing for several hours.

One other thing I forgot to mention, one time but not the other the name of the file it couldn't save was corrupted in the popup (the name showed as all squares). Could this plausibly be a sideeffect of running out of file handles or could it mean the bug is something else?

Note that I am running several other programs as well for this same longish period so it is possible that one of them may be to blame.

Sorry I can't be more helpful. I guess what I am looking for debugging steps I could take next time this happens (I plan to lsof | grep gedit | wc -l any other suggestions?)

I filed bug 456232

Thanks - Chris

Paolo Borelli wrote:
Il giorno mer, 11/07/2007 alle 22.58 +0100, Christopher Backhouse ha