Re: [gedit-list] Switching of tabs with Ctrl+Tab and "internal recency list"

On Thu, 2007-02-15 at 10:31 -0800, renergy wrote:
> Hello Fred,
>
> "certain disabilities" - could you be more specific?

certain disabilities == me using my keyboard. Ctrl+Tab is used to switch
widgets when tab alone is used for something else. In gedit's case, it's
obvious what tab is used for: it would be rather strange not to be able
to enter a tabulation in the text area.

So I use Ctrl+Tab and Ctrl+Shift+Tab to switch from my current document
to my current bottom pane (be it terminal, or python console, or
whatever, depending on what I'm working on).

I don't understand what we should enforce your own way of working (that
is obviously not so common, and inconsistant within Gnome) in an editor
whose users have habits for a long time now.

So please, implement it as a plugin if you want (that's why plugin are
for, isn't it ?), and post it here as you want, but, as I already told
you, using Ctrl+Tab for something else than switching current widget is
not a point of discussion, and won't be done, no matter how loud you
shout.

Steve