Re: [gedit-list] Switching of tabs with Ctrl+Tab and "internal recency list"

On Thu, 2007-02-15 at 02:44 -0800, renergy wrote:

> Ctrl+Tab should (in Gedit) switch between tabs like Alt+Tab switches between
> windows on (e.g.) Metacity!

> Could, please. someone participating in the development of Gedit consider
> implementning this functionality and shortcut in Gedit?

We won't do that. Ctrl+tab is used to cycle through widgets. It's an
accessibility feature that can't be removed. The shortcut the HIG
promote is, as you write, (shift-)ctrl+pgup/pgdn. I agree it's probably
not the kindest shortcut but ctrl+tab won't be used for that purpose,
I'm sorry.

There is no point discussing that until someone brings a real suggestion
instead of always hammering the same point, that will be refused again
and again...