Re: [gedit-list] Switching of tabs with Ctrl+Tab and "internal recency list"

Hello Fred,

"certain disabilities" - could you be more specific?

You mean blind people for example? They specifically could benefit from
recency list, I'd say.

Special settings for blind users shouldn't be mixed with settings for
non-blind users , IMO. The whole GNOME should be switchable (in an easy way)
to a "Blind mode" I'd say. By holding <Shift> or <Control> for 5 seconds for
example.

Maybe you meant something different by "certain disabilities".

I wouldn't say that my workflow is unusual.

Have you ever tried using recency list? Have you tried it when editing more
than 10 files simultaneously? I did try using Alt+n, using Ctrl+PgUp and
PgDn and using recency list. In this contest, the recency list won by far
(and not only in the case with >10 files). It is the most convenient, the
least complicated way. That's why I'm trying to promote it. Quite detailed
comment on why Alt+n is inconvenient is in my original post.

In my opinion, "recency-list" has similar status in tabbed (and/or
multi-windowed) environment like two-paned file manager has in file
management.

Anyway, thanks for the plugin, of course it is an option. A good starting
point. Thanks again!

Best regards,

Adam