[gedit-list] Matching brackets

Hi!

I have two questions in regard to the "highlight matching brackets" feature of gedit.

limit
=====
Is there some kind of limit applied to this functionality? If the matching bracket is a certain amount of lines off, this feature will not be used, right? Can I increase that limit?

"jump to matching bracket"
Is there a shortcut to jump to the matching bracket (similar to the '%' in vi(m))? If not, can this be done in a plugin? Is there such a thing?

Thanks a lot,
Marcus