Re: [gedit-list] Snapopen plugin updated with filebrowser support

Hi,

On Tue, 2006-11-28 at 04:28 -0800, Warlock-G wrote:
> well, but this not work for me, I'm a Ubuntu Dapper 6.06 with gedit 2.14,
> this plug-ins need an early version? or what?
No It has no dependency on earlier versions. In fact,
since I changed the dir structure a bit, earlier versions should be
removed first. It should work fine on 2.14 (I use edgy/gedit 2.16), but
I do not think I use any 2.16 specific stuff.

> And I download this file 3 times and nothing change, Ctrl+Alt+o not work.
> Please can you help me? need more information?
Have you followed the installation instructions?
Quick help/troubleshooting:

1. Untar the download (preserving paths)
into /home/<you>/.gnome2/gedit/plugins

2. start gedit from a console, choose 'Edit - Preferences - Plugins' and
enable the 'Snapopen' plugin.

3. watch the console out. If snapopen plugin fails you should see some
output here.

Hmm, come to think of it you might need to apt-get some python-dev if
my .py files font compile (I havent bundled *.pyc files). Check for .pyc
files in /home/<you>/.gnome2/gedit/plugins/snapopen/ after you've run
gedit once with the plugin enabled.

good luck, submit me your findings.

-Mads