Re: [gedit-list] the 'find' dialog...

Op vr, 14-07-2006 te 14:06 +1000, schreef John Pye:
> Hi all,
>
> I have some queries relating to Gedit 2.14.3 -- please let me know if
> these have already been fixed in 2.15.4.
>
> Firstly, I wonder if there is any way that the ESC key could be bound to
> close non-modal dialogs while editing. In particular, I often press
> 'ctrl-F' or 'ctrl-R' then I seem to click somewhere back in the main
> window. This leaves me with an inactive window floating infront of my
> editor. It seems unintuitive that I must again press 'ctrl-F' before I
> can then press ESC to close that dialog. I often find myself pressing
> ESC not realising that the window is unfocussed and therefore not
> responsive - it's just one of those small irks that makes you want to
> write an email to someone... :-)

I'm not sure if this is desired behavior. I for one wouldn't expect a
non focused dialog to respond to any keypresses, but maybe that's just
me.

> Secondly, I may have raised this issue before. I just wonder if there is
> likely to be anyone working on adding regular expression search
> capability to the Find and Replace dialogs? This would really be
> super-useful.

I think gedit is waiting for gtktextview or gtksourceview to implement
regex searching, or maybe it's a 'too-advanced-to-be-in-the-core'
feature. What I do know is that there is a plugin around which does
regex searching (see http://live.gnome.org/Gedit/Plugins ). I don't know
how good it is, but you can give it a try.

--
Jesse van den Kieboom

Visit: http://www.icecrew.nl