Re: [gedit-list] latex editing with gedit

Il giorno ven, 30/09/2005 alle 13.10 -0400, Jeff Ward ha scritto:
> I agree 100%.  In spending some time thinking about how to implement
> such a thing, I came up with a few ideas.  First, I was think about
> having a drop down menu with various commands such as: compile, compile
> ps, compile pdf (and eventually compile and view).  I was wondering
> about adding keybinding shortcuts to such commands as well.

I guess you could use a GtkMenuToolButton (like the one for New) where
the most common action is activated with the button and the others in
the dropdown menu. The action should also be in a submenu in the Tools
menu and at least the most common have keyboard shortcuts.

>   The toolbar
> was something I was also envisioning for future development once this is
> done.  This would probably have a compile button (to dvi) as just a
> quick access.  Now the thing that I am wondering is how to go about
> this.

>  I tried scanning through some of the current plugins on cvs and
> most have Glade files and are written in C.  Is this the best way to add
> menu items and whatnot?  I am more experienced in C anyway and have
> worked a little in GTK, but not a lot.  If you have any more suggestions
> based on this new information, it would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Most of the current plugins are in C because the python functionality is
one week old. Really, if I were you I'd give python a try :)

Anyway to add menus and toolbar items you get the UIManager from the
window and use the gtkuimanager api.

Glade is mostly useful if you need a separate dialog, which I don't
think is the case here.

ciao