Re: [gedit-list] latex editing with gedit

On Fri, 2005-09-30 at 14:33 +0200, Paolo Borelli wrote:
> Hello Géry, I am glad that you like gedit.
> This kind of functionality has indeed been requested more than once and
> some people expressed interest in writing a plugin, but unfortunately I
> haven't seen any.
> In the upcoming versions of gedit writing plugins is way easier, just a
> few lines of python, and I really hope to see this and many other
> plugins get done.
> At the moment there is the shell command plugin, but I know it is way
> subotimal for this task.
> ciao
> 	Paolo

Paolo, I was originally interested in working on one of the GnomeLove
tasks for gedit (as I am a new programmer in the open source community).
This can be found at but this task is way
more appealing to me as I am also a Mathematics major.  I was looking
for a project this year and think this would be a great idea.  Do you
have any input or suggestions to that could help me get started?

Jeff Ward <wardjm clarkson edu>