Re: [gedit-list] plugin makefiles? (gedit 2.12)

This is a followup to a message which I should have CCed to the list:

Here are some screenshots of TextPad for you to look at, for ideas on
the 'tools' implementation:
http://pye.dyndns.org/gedit/

The first (01) shows the preferences page where a tool is configured (in
this case PHP CLI).

(02) Here is the output of GNU Make. The highlighted text was
double-clicked, the regular expression matched the highlighted text and...

(03)...took me to the line of code in question. Notice that the
remaining porting of the line has appeared in the status bar, allowing
you to diagnose the fault.

(04) Note that textpad also provides a nice way to move through the
links in the command output, I don't need to go back to the list each time.

(05) Finally, here is the 'find in files' feature. Note that this uses
another 'special document window' called 'Search Results', but provides
the same clickable-line-reference feature. Also, when multiple
find-in-files are performed, they are simply added to the end of the
list. To clear the list, you just close the search results window.

JP

--
John Pye
School of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering