Re: [gedit-list] wishlist wish: gzipped text

Il giorno lun, 10/10/2005 alle 23.50 +0200, Tatu Portin ha scritto:
> I would request that gedit should be able to open and save gzipped
> text. Adding this functionality is trivial.

The support is not so trivial as it may look: especially for saving,
where a lot of other variables have to be taken into account (the
creation of a backup file, the proper handling of permissions and
symlinks etc).

Zipped files should in theory be supported transparently by gnome-vfs
itself, but the sad reality is that such support is far from being
useable at the moment.

ciao