Re: [Geary] HTML Signatures?

On Mon, 16 Sep, 2019 at 17:03, johnywhy gmail com wrote:
On Mon, Sep 16, 2019 at 4:24 PM, Michael Gratton <mike vee net> wrote:
copy and paste the HTML from a browser like Web or Firefox into the signature field in the accounts editor.

your steps didn't seem to work for me. New rich-text messages are getting raw HTML: <h1 style="font-family: &quot;Times New Roman&quot;; font-variant-ligatures: normal; orphans: 2; widows: 2;">test</h1>

here's how it looks in opera web browser (blink) before copied/pasted:
https://imgur.com/FPYABea.png

it looks correctly formatted in the geary signature box.
but still getting raw html in new messages.
Do i need to reboot or something?

Hmm, weird. It works fine for me pasted from both Web and Firefox, so I wonder if it's an issue with copying and pasting from Blink in particular, but that's unlikely if it's showing up fine when you paste it into the signature field. Do you have another web browser installed that you could test? Or try copying some HTML from an HTML message in Geary?

I'm wondering however if this is another case of weird things with WebKitGTK that are happening with your installation. Can you provide those details I was asking you for about about WebKitGTK in another conversation?

Cheers!
//Mike

--
⊨ Michael Gratton, Percept Wrangler.