Re: [Geary] Without folks?

On Mon, Aug 26, 2019 at 03:58, johnywhy gmail com wrote:
Michael Gratton wrote:
Disable it from starting up, as I suggested in my last email? :)

oops, my bad, sorry!

Well, i checked your link, and i don't understand it. Something about creating a file with the "same name", with the key "Hidden=true". Fair enough, but in my ignorance i don't know what a key is, nor how a dir can contain two files with the same name.

No problem! Perhaps it's worth asking on the Arch forums if their wiki is unclear?

Geary only needs evolution-addressbook-factory

Yep, evolution-addressbook-factory still running on boot, before starting geary. Why is it necessary to run that when geary isn't running?

If you have the run-in-background preference enabled, then Geary will be launched when you log in and that will cause evolution-addressbook-factory to start up as well.

If that preference is not set, then I'm not really sure why it is running, sorry.

//Mike

--
⊨ Michael Gratton, Percept Wrangler.
⚙ <http://mjog.vee.net/>