Re: [Geary] Without folks?

On Sun, Aug 25, 2019 at 18:20, johny why <johnywhy gmail com> wrote:
Thx Mike. Reason is different.

I noticed the always-running evolution-alarm-notify consumes more RAM than any other process on my arch Linux. 3 other evolution processes also appear to be always-running.

Oh I see! That's odd, that process is only using 12MB for me.

The evolution-* processes are part of Evolution Data Server, so there's not much I can do about their memory use, unfortunately.

Geary only needs evolution-addressbook-factory (currently using 23Mb RAM here), and that probably requires evolution-source-registry (12Mb RAM here). However if there are other EDS processes running such as the calendar factory then they may have been auto-started by other applications that use them (GNOME Shell or GNOME Calendar, for example). Disabling those processes may cause bugs in those programs.

As for evolution-alarm-notify, it gets started automatically by the XDG Autostart file that is installed as part of EDS: /etc/xdg/autostart/org.gnome.Evolution-alarm-notify.desktop. See these instructions for disabling it: <https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/XDG_Autostart>