[Geary] About GSoC

Hi, I want to apply for Google Summer of Code. And I want to contribute to Geary, what I want to know is Geary suitable for a GSoC project?
And if it is, who will be the mentor? Need I fix some bug first for applying for GSoC?
I've learned C/C++ before and some other coding languages such as Python, Objective-C, Java and etc. Right now I am learning vala.
I am looking forward to contributing to GNOME and Geary
Thanks in advance!