[Geary] Fwd: Add an option to alway use separate composing window

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Pétùr <peturvilj gmail com>
Date: 2016-09-16 17:18 GMT+02:00
Subject: Re: [Geary] Add an option to alway use separate composing window
To: Michael Gratton <mike vee net>

Le ven. 16 sept. 2016 à 5:24, Michael Gratton <mike vee net> a écrit :
Geary will use a full-height composer for new messages, or if you select the Compose Message action from the launcher/dock/etc, but I can see how this would be annoying for replies on devices with small screens. Rather than adding a pref, Geary should just do the right thing on smaller devices. This probably means something increasing the minimum height of the inline composer, and ensuring it scrolls up sufficiently when it appears. Note also that the full reply may not be present in the composer if you select some text, so having it appear under the message being replied to is still important for context. If the reply composer wasn't anywhere nearly as small by default than it is at the moment, would that work for you? //Mike

Hi Mike

What bother me is that Geary does adapt the size of the new email frame considering the size of the quote. For example, if I select a relatively large amount of text (let's say your last email) and hit reply, Geary will create a new email of the same size than if I select one word.

The result is that I cannot, on my little screen, see the blinking cursor in the first case; the place I'm suppose to write (after the quote) is not visible without scrolling. I am totally ok ay to have a small frame if I reply without quoting but the frame should enlarge regarding the quote and always show where is the blinking cursor.

Here is a screenshot of what I've got if I select your text and reply. The bottom is the end of my screen :

http://pix.toile-libre.org/upload/original/1474038554.png