Re: [Geary] Add an option to alway use separate composing window

Hey Pétùr,

On Fri, Sep 16, 2016 at 6:50 AM, Pétùr <peturvilj gmail com> wrote:
Suggestion: Geary should add an option to alway open new emails and replies in a separate windows. (or correct the problem like suggested in the last paragraph)

I have a small screen (14'). Every time I want to reply to a email inside a thread, Geary creates the new email in the bottom right of my screen. If I want to reply point by point with in the text quotes, I have to scroll down and recenter the message. This is pretty annoying.

Geary will use a full-height composer for new messages, or if you select the Compose Message action from the launcher/dock/etc, but I can see how this would be annoying for replies on devices with small screens.

Rather than adding a pref, Geary should just do the right thing on smaller devices. This probably means something increasing the minimum height of the inline composer, and ensuring it scrolls up sufficiently when it appears. Note also that the full reply may not be present in the composer if you select some text, so having it appear under the message being replied to is still important for context.

If the reply composer wasn't anywhere nearly as small by default than it is at the moment, would that work for you?

//Mike

--
⊨ Michael Gratton, Percept Wrangler.
⚙ <http://mjog.vee.net/>