Re: [Geary] Symbolic Icon

On Fri, Jun 3, 2016 at 6:10 AM, Stephen Michel <stephen michel tufts edu> wrote:

I made a bunch of variations on the icon[1]. I'd love some feedback about which of the icons you like the best. I do have an opinion on this matter but I want to wait to hear what you have to say first.

Thanks Stephen, I was hoping someone would do this. When putting the current symbolic icon together, I was trying to retain the look of the full colour icon - as is still used on the Wiki and in the About Dialog - but felt like I didn't fully capture it.

One of the icons in there is the original, but don't worry about which is the original when you're figuring out your opinion. Don't forget to zoom out, so you'll see the icon at its normal size.

[1]: a png and the svg source: http://stephenmichel.me/geary/

It's also helpful to switch your desktop theme to HighContrast, to see what the icon looks like when used as the app icon in gnome-shell and elsewhere when people are using that.

I also have a preference, but what does everyone else think?

//Mike

--
⊨ Michael Gratton, Percept Wrangler.
⚙ <http://mjog.vee.net/>