Re: [Geary] supplementary email address as default

Yes, it's true: Yorba ran out of funding and has not been active since about June.  I apologize for the lack of communication about this, which is entirely my own fault (and is largely because I've been super busy at Roundtown, a startup I cofounded in 2013 - see roundtown.com if you're curious).

As the original founder of Yorba, I would like nothing more than to see Geary, Shotwell and California live on (I'm writing this message in Geary now!).  Unfortunately I have no time to maintain or work on these programs myself at this point, and Jim (Yorba's last executive director) has moved onto other things as well.  So the fate of these programs really depends on whether someone from the community wants to step up to maintain them or evolve them forward.  The official repository of all these programs is at GNOME.  If anyone who is already a GNOME member (and hence has commit privileges there) wants to take on this role, that would be ideal.  Otherwise if someone wants to volunteer to take on this role I could ask GNOME to grant commit privileges to them.  Geary and Shotwell are large and complicated programs and so anyone who does want to maintain them should be prepared to put in a significant amount of time.

Anyway, that's how things stand.  Obviously Elementary is welcome to work on a fork of these programs if they like, but I would like to see their official home remain at GNOME if possible.

I'm happy to answer any other questions, of course.  Thanks to everyone for using Geary and for their patience these last few months while these projects have been dormant.

adam