Re: [Geary] problem compiling geary-0.10 under debian 8

On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 10:10 AM, Frédéric Parrenin <parrenin ujf-grenoble fr> wrote:
I wonder why you wanted to install geary in your home directory in the first place? Geary works just fine when run from its source directory. If you don't want to install it on your system, you can just not install it at all. I've been using Geary this way for several years now.

This is my work computer and I don't have the root access.
So I have to install geary on my home directory.

The point I'm trying to make is that you don't have to install Geary *at all* -- it's designed to work directly from wherever it was built.

That's not to say that we shouldn't try to fix the problems that you've encountered. It's just a way around them until we get to them.

Robert