Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 14:32:45 -0500
From: Nyk Cowham <nyk forumone com>
To: perl-xml listserv ActiveState com
Subject: PPM for XML-GDOME?

Hi:

After spending many hours pulling my hair out trying to get GDOME to
compile on my Mac OS X machine without a great deal of success, I was
wondering if instead there was a PPM package for ActivePerl available. I
checked the usual places: http://www.xmlproj.com/PPM and
http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppmpackages/ but with no luck.

Anyone working on compiling a PPM for ActivePerl? Seems I can only use
XML-GDOME on Linux at the moment. I would like to use this for the Perl
binding to JXTA (http://jxtaperl.jxta.org/), but everything must work on
at least: Linux, ActivePerl, Cygwin, and Mac (OS 9 and OS X). That is a
pretty tall order, but Perl is a cross-platform environment, right? :)

Also, if anyone has successfully ported the GDOME libraries to OS X I
would love to hear about it. The problem I have hit on is really with
the glibs.

Thanks,

Nyk Cowham.