Re: [gdm-list] gdm and pam session interaction (possible dupe, forgot I use gmail not googlemail as address now)

On 2 September 2010 16:07, Jouko Orava <jouko orava helsinki fi> wrote:

> You can run an external script as user:
>        su -m "$USER" -c some-external-script
> This does set real and effective user and group IDs correctly.

Many thanks for that; going to have another fiddle.

> However, unless my patch at gnome bugzilla #621581 (or a similar one)
> is applied to GDM, PostSession script will run only when the user logs
> out; if the user shuts down or reboots their workstation (from an active
> session, without logging out first), PostSession will not be run.

That could be worked around by sticking something into the shutdown
scripts... not too vital to the server to know who has gone as the
server will know the machine when someone logs on so just knowing that
machine is down/rebooted etc would be enough to expire out that user.
(Wish I could expire a few users a bit more literally)

--
Richard Horton
Users are like a virus: Each causing a thousand tiny crises until the