Re: [gdm-list] GDM power manager/screen saver

On  5.11.2010 16:55, Rui Tiago Cação Matos wrote:
On 5 November 2010 12:40, Alexander Todorov<atodorov redhat com>  wrote:
Hello,
what controls the functionality of turning off/blanking the computer screen while at GDM (user still not logged in)? From experience I can tell that the default timeout is 10 minutes on my system. I want to know how can I change it (to say 5 minutes).

It's gnome-power-manager running in the gdm user session. In my system
(Fedora 13):

Hi Rui,
I've tried your suggestion but it didn't work for me. I forgot to mention that I'm using GDM 2.16 (and not 2.30 or newer as in F13) where gnome-power-manager doesn't seem to be running when the user is not logged in.

How does the screen go blank with earlier versions of gdm?

Regards,
Alexander.