Re: [gdm-list] GDM power manager/screen saver

On 5 November 2010 12:40, Alexander Todorov <atodorov redhat com> wrote:
> Hello,
> what controls the functionality of turning off/blanking the computer screen while at GDM (user still not logged in)? From experience I can tell that the default timeout is 10 minutes on my system. I want to know how can I change it (to say 5 minutes).

It's gnome-power-manager running in the gdm user session. In my system
(Fedora 13):

$ sudo -u gdm gconftool-2 -g /apps/gnome-power-manager/timeout/sleep_display_ac
1800

So, if I want to change it to 10 minutes I'd do:

$ sudo -u gdm gconftool-2
/apps/gnome-power-manager/timeout/sleep_display_ac -s -t int 600

And it actually gets saved in:

/var/lib/gdm/.gconf/apps/gnome-power-manager/timeout/%gconf.xml

Rui