[gdm-list] Requesting for assistance

Dear Sir /Madam ,

In root login, in permission option of all directories, I selected option none permission for "others" keeping options create & delete files for owner as it is .
But after I logged  out, I am not able to log as root or any other user

there is an error message
server authorization directory (daemon/servAuthDir) is set to /var/gdm but this file does not exist. please correct GDM configuration and restart GDM

Please help what should I do to correct my problem . I will be greatful if anyone kindly tell me the solution of this problem  .

Thanks & regards ,
Manarshi Das
Mob:+91-9000999730