Re: [gdm-list] Requesting for assistance

manarshi das:

In root login, in permission option of all directories, I selected option none permission for "others" keeping options create & delete files for owner as it is .
But after I logged  out, I am not able to log as root or any other user

there is an error message
server authorization directory (daemon/servAuthDir) is set to /var/gdm but this file does not exist. please correct GDM configuration and restart GDM

Please help what should I do to correct my problem . I will be greatful if anyone kindly tell me the solution of this problem .

What version of GDM are you using?  You should be able to run
"gdmflexiserver --command=VERSION" or "gdmflexiserver --version" to
check this.

In the GDM configuration file, there is a configuration option called
ServAuthDir which is set to "/var/gdm".  Please make sure this directory
exists and that it is a directory (and not a file).  You may need to
boot your machine into console mode, or use virtual terminals to get to
a text console so you can log into root and set up this directory.

If the directory exists, but it is still not working, then the
permissions of the directory may be incorrect.  Could you show
the output of the "ls -ld /var/gdm" command and we could perhaps
help let you know what might be wrong with the directory permissions.

Brian