Re: [gdm-list] gdm 2.22 make problem

?????:

when i try to make gdm 2.22 i get
	Merging translations into gdm.schemas.
	Died at /usr/bin/intltool-merge line 1224.
	make[3]: *** [gdm.schemas] Error 13
I looked at that line, but couldn't figure it out. What is the problem, and what should i do to correct it?

Sounds like a problem with intltool-merge.  You might make sure that you
have the latest version of intltool installed on your system.  You also
might try figuring out what specific intltool-merge command is failing.
Then you could try running this command by hand via the command line.
Any error messages that are generated would likely help to track down
the problem.

Note, it might be better to follow this up with the intltool community.
Most intltool issues are discussed on the xml-i18n-tools gnome org or
gnome-i18n gnome org mailing lists.  I'd suspect someone on those lists
would be more helpful with this sort of problem than someone on the
gdm-list mailing list.

Actually, my distro has 2.22 included already, but it doesn't have gdm-
settings (or gdm-setup), and not even the global settings .conf file, so i am lost as to how i could configure gdm. I looked into .tar.bz at gnome's ftp site, and it seems that the utility i am looking for is actually in it. Is it right, or is there a different way to configure gdm in 2.22?

Note that gdmsetup was removed from GDM starting with release 2.21.  The
new version of GDM uses different configuration mechanisms, which are
discussed here in the GDM docs:

   http://library.gnome.org/admin/gdm/2.24/configuration.html.en

Brian