[gdm-list] No .Xauthority in home directory.

Hi,

  I found gdm 2.24.x saves cookies in /var/run/gdm/auth-for-user-XXXX/database, but not in ~/.Xauthority as gdm 2.20.x does. However,  it will be a problem if you want to launcher an application on remote display, as after ssh-login, X applications try to get the cookie from non-existing ~/.Xauthority.  It is a different behaviour from other display managers, such as KDM and XDM.

 Let me clarify the problem more clearly:

In KDM & XDM:

1. ssh login to localhost

2.  DISPLAY=:0 xeyes.  It works.

3. xauth list.  about 4 cookies show.

In gdm 2.24.x:

1. ssh login to localhost

2. DISPLAY=:0 xeyes.  No Xauthority file found.

3. xauth list. No Xauthority file found.

 Is there any reason to make such design?

 Thanks.

BR,

Mingxi