Re: [gdm-list] gdm doesn't use /etc/ld.so.conf libraries.

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 7:46 AM, Patrick Scheibe
<pscheibe trm uni-leipzig de> wrote:

> What I don't want is that I have to do it both ways. Since I normally
> don't come in touch with such details of my Gnome desktop I was
> wondering whether I just miss some things.
> So Question is: after adding places to /etc/ld.so.conf and running
> ldconfig, why doesn't see programs started with a Gnome starter the
> libs?

That seems really weird. When you run `ldconfig -p', do you see you're
libraries in the output? One thing you could try is using the
LD_DEBUG* variables. Try setting the command in the launcher to this:

env LD_DEBUG=libs LD_DEBUG_OUTPUT=/tmp/ld.log <your program>

That should give you some debug output in /tmp/ld.log.$pid about the
libraries and paths used.

--
Dan