Re: [gdm-list] update

Bob Doolittle wrote:
Mike Oliver wrote:
Brian Cameron wrote:
Bob Doolittle wrote:
I'd like to understand this better.  We make extensive use of
the PostLoginScriptDir, PreSessionScriptDir, PostSessionScriptDir,
and DisplayInitDir hooks in gdm.conf.  Will those remain supported?
It's good to highlight which configuration options that you depend
on, so I appreciate that.  Does Sun Ray support them in per-display
fashion?
Sun Ray doesn't use the per-display feature today but that's what it
really should be using.  We expect to switch to using per-display
scripts as soon as we can depend on the distro's native GDM to be
up-rev enough to support dynamic X server creation and destruction.

I agree although reluctantly.  A downside of doing
a lot of configuration (even linking) at dynamic
session creation is the behavior that occurs when
there's an out-of-resource condition (e.g. no disk
space).  The less we have to do "on the fly" the
more robust our solution.

Yes, agreed.  It would be nice if we could use a "per-class-of-display"
approach instead but I don't think that feature exists today (I'll be
happy to be wrong) so per-display is the best hook we have to hang this
kind of processing on.

Mike.
--
mike oliver sun com