Re: [gdm-list] update

Bob:

Unless things change a lot over the weekend, I suspect the new GDM
won't honor any old/existing GDM configuration.

I'd like to understand this better.  We make extensive use of
the PostLoginScriptDir, PreSessionScriptDir, PostSessionScriptDir,
and DisplayInitDir hooks in gdm.conf.  Will those remain supported?

It's good to highlight which configuration options that you depend
on, so I appreciate that.  Does Sun Ray support them in per-display
fashion?  Note the stable GDM allows you to create files like
Default:0 which allows people to create a special PreSession script
only used with $DISPLAY=:0, for example.

At the moment, the existing code doesn't support these hooks, aside
from the Init script.  For the Init script, the new GDM hardcodes the
location of the script to the GDM configuration directory, where the
scripts are installed by default.

I don't think only Sun Ray depends on these hooks, so I anticipate
that these will continue to need support in some fashion.  I imagine
it will be broken in the 2.21.1 release, though.

Brian