Re: [gdm-list] Branch update

Le jeudi 04 octobre 2007 à 12:20 -0400, William Jon McCann a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> On 10/4/07, Oswald Buddenhagen <ossi kde org> wrote:
> > On Thu, Oct 04, 2007 at 11:37:17AM -0400, William Jon McCann wrote:
> > > The daemon will determine which greeter to run using .desktop files
> > > and TryExec.
> > >
> > that's an interesting concept, actually. now we can fight about the
> > priorization if multiple frontends are found. :)
>
> One idea is to just use a numbered prioritization that can be changed
> by distros, or sysadmins:
>
> /etc/DisplayManager/greeters.d/
>     00-super-fancy-composited-qt-greeter.desktop
>     01-super-fancy-composited-gtk-greeter.desktop
>     99-failsafe-greeter.desktop

Oh, you mean something like this :
/etc/X11/dm.d/
	/etc/X11/dm.d/10kdm.conf
	/etc/X11/dm.d/20gdm.conf
	/etc/X11/dm.d/30xdm.conf

? :)

Seriously, we have been using a similar system on Mandrake/Mandriva for
years now to run one or another display manager depending on which one
was installed.

We could extend it do support greeters instead of taking care of display
manager (ahh, one display manager to rule them all, a distribution
maintainer dream ;)

--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat mandriva com>
Mandriva