Re: [gdm-list] Problem with .ICEauthority

Le lundi 25 juin 2007 �2:04 +0800, Brian Cameron a �it :
> Jean:
>
> The fact that both Xauth and ICEauthority files don't seem to work
> with your user's $HOME directory may be an indication of a deeper
> problem with the way your system is configured.  You might try
> loosening the RelaxPermissions configure option since GDM does
> avoid using the user's $HOME directory if the permissions are bad.
> Changing RelaxPermissions allows you to use $HOME directories with
> not-so-good permissions.

The issue is that the $HOME directories are situated on a win2003
server. I tested xauth with strace, and found that if fails upon a call
to LINK, which is not supported on win32 AFAIK. I suspect that it is the
same issue with iceauth even if I did not try. As there is an option in
gdm to put the xauth file in a different location, I thought we might
also have one for iceauth, it would be better than editing the scripts,
IMHO.

Thanks,
Jean