Re: [gdm-list] gdm & pam/ldap

On 8/25/07, Ray Strode <halfline gmail com> wrote:
> So the one key I was curious about was IncludeAll.

The result of a query with gdmflexiserver should be definitive, yes?

    gdmflexiserver --command "GET_CONFIG greeter/IncludeAll"
  OK false

> or try adding Enable=true to the [debug] section of
> /etc/X11/gdm/custom.conf...

Interesting results on that front: GDM manages to authenticate the
user and open a session, but waits for about three minutes while the
window manager starts. It doesn't seem to make a difference whether
it's starting gnome-session or something more exotic (for example,
xmonad) -- GDM is the common denominator, but it doesn't report any
error messages at all while it waits for the window manager to start.

In slapd.log, I see that, over and over again, something (not sure
what) asks for all the attributes of the user's account -- sometimes
by uid, sometimes by uidNumber. In three minutes' time, it makes about
12 queries.

I am really quite mystified by all this. Has anybody else experienced
problems with GDM and PAM/LDAP?

--
_jsn