Re: [gdm-list] gdm & pam/ldap

On 8/25/07, Ray Strode <halfline gmail com> wrote:
> Hi,
> > > Do you use the face browser?  If so, it has the potential to slow
> > > things down dramatically in that kind of setup.
> >
> > I don't use the face browser. Can you tell me, why would it slow down
> > GDM? Maybe the causes are similar, I don't know.
>
> In order to generate the list of names, it calls into nsswitch

Well, this might be related to the problem, because nss_ldap ("server
unavailable") are ubiquitous in gdm.log. On the other hand, nss_ldap
failures are 'normal', I believe.

> Which greeter are you using? the graphical greeter or the plain
> greeter?  Can you attach your /etc/gdm/custom.conf and
> /usr/share/gdm/defaults.conf?

I'm using the graphical greeter.

    gdm/custom.conf  =>  http://rafb.net/p/kXih4D34.html
    gdm/defaults.conf  =>  http://rafb.net/p/czJ35d30.html

The only thing I've changed is the theme, in custom.conf.
--
_jsn