Re: [gdm-list] login without password

Hi,

> hmmm i have read your thread , and just typed sudo passwd -d lu
> lu is my user name .. as you recomanded ...
> and now i am kind of confused , because i cant log in anymore , it does not
> accept empty as password and  my old password does not work too ..
> maybe i am to much a newbie to post qualified question ... but plz give me a
> hand how can i solve this problem ...
You're distributions pam stack may be set up to disallow this kind of thing.

Can you attach your /etc/pam.d/gdm file? Also if that file has any lines
in it of the form

something include a-file-here

can you attach the corresponding /etc/pam.d/a-file-here files as well?

> up on the page was something written about autologin ... this would be best
> for me ... ( i need to convince my wife to use ubuntu and she's to lazy for
> authethifications ... )
You can turn on autologin by running gdmsetup

--Ray