Re: [gDesklets] Calendar help

Hi Joe,

I have some difficulties using your calendar display...

When it is loaded, it complains about the following:

year is out of range
/home/ronny/.gdesklets/Displays/Calendar/Calendar.display
  107     if (key == "ShowEvents"):
  108         Prefs.EventsEnumeration.enabled   = value
  109         if (not value):
  110             ical.uri = None
  111         else:
> 112             ical.uri = path + EventSetChoosed
  113         Prefs.EventColor.enabled          = value
  114         Prefs.EventInfoLabelColor.enabled = value
  115         Prefs.EventInfoLabelFont.enabled  = value
  116
  117     #
  118     # Reaction to change in selected events list

and then refuses to scroll through the months via mouse scroll wheel (this worked in an older version)

I got the display from launchpad (gdesklets-basic) and the control from the gdesklets.de homepage...

Do I need any different modified version of either the control or the display to get it working again?

greetings

Ronny

On 01/27/2012 02:44 AM, Joe Sapp wrote:
Hi Ronny,

I have made the changes necessary to integrate Calendar with iCalendarEvent
and have checked those into to the "Basic desklets" bazaar branch.  I hope
within the next week I will get iCE checked in as well.  The last few months
have been, uh, unusually busy. :)  Then maybe I can fix the latest open bug
and we can push out a release!

The good news is that you could start using it right away if you have the
Control installed already.  More good news: the latest version supports
CalDAV (I specifically tested it with Google Calendar).  I don't recall if
writing to calendars is supported completely...I think it's just writing
recurring events that isn't implemented (if you want to create a bi-weekly
event on Tuesdays and Thursdays, you really should use a full calendar
program to make it).

Finally, I've only converted most of the "general" events.  Mainly because I
can read them and they're implementable in the Gregorian calendar.

Joe

On 01/26/2012 07:24 AM, Ronny Lorenz wrote:
Hi Joe,

in the last days I also wondered about converting the nice Calender display
to be capable of doing a lot more.
Do I understand it right that you first want to convert the already builtin
events into iCal format such that those
events may be used by other programs as well? Or that other programs which
are able to produce iCal format
can be used to create the event list for the Calendar display?
Because I was thinking at least one step ahead ;)
I thought it would be quite cool to either use the already existing
iCalenderEvent control or to program a new
control capable of communicating via CalDAV with any calendar server. (even
if it first just means to make
external calendars readonly)
This would enable the display to subscribe to multiple calendar sources
(e.g. google calendar or any private
calendar server). In my opinion and also for my purposes this should be
somehow thought of (I already have an
own calendar server that helps me synchronize my smartphone with my desktop
at work and at home...)

Are you also interested in features like this?

greetz

Ronny

On 10/24/2011 03:25 AM, Joe Sapp wrote:
Hi all,

I'm trying to convert the Calendar desklet (included in the gD distribution)
into something more manageable, which means using the iCalendar (just RFC
2445 [1]) format.  I'm looking for some volunteers to put together calendars
with at least the basic, yearly recurring events found in events.script.
Don't worry about the "general" events list, I'm almost finished with it.
If it's more complicated than "every year on January 1" and you don't want
to dig into the RFC, just skip it and I'll try to get around to it.  I just
need some help getting started.  I don't care if you use Mozilla
Lightning/Sunbird, Outlook, Google Calendar, vi...just as long as it's
compliant with the RFC.

Let me know if you can help.  Thanks.

--
Joe