Re: [gDesklets] Getting 0.36.3 out there...

Hi there,

> I'd agree - defer to 0.36.4 since we already have a number of new features
> and bug fixes implemented.

OK, I'll set everything up for 0.36.4 on launchpad etc. ;).

> I agree with you...with all the bugs you've been fixing, I think it'd be
> good to get 0.36.3 out there soon.  Maybe we should shoot for a date so we
> don't keep putting it off - how about July 15th?

Hmmm... why not?!

> I'd like to try to get one
> more feature in (dbus support for controls) in addition to the above two.

Sounds great!

> I volunteer to look into the "path to configuration" blueprint, unless you
> really care to do it.

Not really ;). Just go ahead!

> Last January, Andres Martano was inquiring about a
> similar feature to the "requester control"
> (https://blueprints.launchpad.net/gdesklets/+spec/control-for-requester) and
> it seems he has some knowledge of pygtk that could be useful.  If he's
> reading and is interested, we could use some help implementing that, right?? :)

Fine.
Although I have already finished drafting everything and I was going to
start putting it into code it ASAP...
Even though I'd like to provide the possibility to build fancy
requesters with pango and icons etc. I'd say it shouldn't take too long
to be done.

So, I would say we shall have an RC1 when the two Controls are ready
(dbus and requester). Mid-July for the final release looks good to me, too.

What's the current status on these two blueprints ?!

> - Implementation allowing arrays of Controls
> - New version detection

Greetings, Bjoern