Re: [gDesklets] Getting 0.36.3 out there...

Hi all,

On 05/24/2010 08:30 AM, Bjoern Koch wrote:
> The ToDo things don't seem to be too simple to implement so I would mind
> deferring them to 0.36.4 (or even 0.37 ?).
> - translation/language support for desklets
> - improved logging system

I'd agree - defer to 0.36.4 since we already have a number of new features
and bug fixes implemented.

[snip]
> Even the blueprints' status look promissing.
> SideCandy 0.2 is a bit time consuming and could be deferred to 0.36.4 or
> 0.37, too.

I would push back SideCandy 0.2...it does seem a little too time-consuming
for now.

> So there are only the following blueprints left to be implemented:
> - Path to configuration as startup option
> - Control for Requester
>
> And with the two already started blueprints:
> - Implementation allowing arrays of Controls
> - New version detection
>
> the release of 0.36.3 doesn't seem too far away for me ;).
>
> So, what do you think?
> What is the status on all the open bugs and blueprints ?

I agree with you...with all the bugs you've been fixing, I think it'd be
good to get 0.36.3 out there soon.  Maybe we should shoot for a date so we
don't keep putting it off - how about July 15th?  I'd like to try to get one
more feature in (dbus support for controls) in addition to the above two.

I volunteer to look into the "path to configuration" blueprint, unless you
really care to do it.  Last January, Andres Martano was inquiring about a
similar feature to the "requester control"
(https://blueprints.launchpad.net/gdesklets/+spec/control-for-requester) and
it seems he has some knowledge of pygtk that could be useful.  If he's
reading and is interested, we could use some help implementing that, right?? :)

Joe