Re: [gDesklets] Board meeting

Hola!

> I'm with you but mostly off-line last days. Trying to find a new job
> and fighting with bills :-) Having the chance that I will be a student
> this semester I'm applying to Google Summer of code, my idea is give
> support for D-BUS and full and complete support for gettext into the
> gdesklets stable core.

Sounds great. Especiually gettext would be great.

>   I think is a good point but perhaps a good priority is develop new
> features.

Yeah...  good idea. But it would be a good idea to see what needs to be
done and can be done and who is going to work on it (so a meeting would
be nice ;) ).

> BTW, I hate that most of bugs reported are: "Gdesklets
> doesn't work in Ubuntu", "New Ubuntu brings into it new python but it
> doesn't work", "Ubuntu....", "Ubuntu...",... all related, ok ok, I
> know launchpad belong to Canonical, Ubuntu as well but IMVHO it seems
> we're not doing our job because there are bugs in Ubuntu :-( Does it
> make sense for you?

Yeah. Looks like we need an official Ubuntu representative ;).
It would be nice to have an ubuntu geek in the crew...

Anyway, this current ubuntu bugs seem to depend on Python 2.6/3.0 so
chances are we are getting these bugs on other distris sooner or later, too.

I don't like to work on these bugs as I don't like to switch to ubuntu
9.04 on my laptop before it has been released just to test it out.
Furtheremore my "main computer" is running gentoo ;).

Greetings, Bjoern