Re: [gDesklets] gDesklets project needs you :-)

On Thu, 2009-01-01 at 13:53 +0100, Bjoern Koch wrote:
> BUT....
>
> ... I just want to remind everyone about some copyright issues we
> might
> run into (see my post "Weather desklets and copyright" on the mailing
> list from 3rd December 2007):

 IMO there is not a "but", I think to change the feed provider is part
of the tasks to do.

> -------
> The GoodWeather Control seems to use a (valid ?) license, but I am
> still
> not sure what we will be able to include into the gDesklets basic
> desklets package and/or any other weather desklet.

 I've got the "same problem" because I wrote a nice forecast viewer (**)
but I used weatherbug.com (they provide 7 day forecast)

(**) I can release the code[1] but there people in charge that need to
discuss if they can release the images. I hope they could find a
solution soon.

[1] https://gdium.mandriva.com/svn/gdium/gdesklets/