Re: [gDesklets] gDesklets project needs you :-)

Hi there and a happy new year to everyone !

great idea and great post!

BUT....

... I just want to remind everyone about some copyright issues we might
run into (see my post "Weather desklets and copyright" on the mailing
list from 3rd December 2007):

--- [quote] ---
Hi there,

digging a bit into fixing/updating some weather desklets I came across
the following lines:

(from SideCandyWeather's README):
-------
The weather control uses data from weather.yahoo.com.
Yahoo! claims:

The data (conditions, forecasts, news, images, logos) contained in
this page are copyrighted by Yahoo! Inc. and the Weather Channel
Enterprises, Inc. You are prohibited from using or repurposing this
data in any way without express written consent from Yahoo! Inc. and
the Weather Channel Enterprises, Inc.
If you are looking for a source of weather data, please see the
National Weather Service Website at http://www.nws.noaa.gov/. Their
data is public information, to be used with appropriate
byline/photo/image credits.
-------

and finally when accessing the XOAP data from weather.com:
-------
<!--This document is intended only for use by authorized licensees of
The Weather Channel. Unauthorized use is prohibited. Copyright
1995-2005, The Weather Channel Interactive, Inc. All Rights Reserved.-->
<weather ver="2.0">
[...]
-------
The GoodWeather Control seems to use a (valid ?) license, but I am still
not sure what we will be able to include into the gDesklets basic
desklets package and/or any other weather desklet.

Greetings, Bjoern

--- [/quote] ---

So (IMHO) we definitively need a solution for this problem first.

Greetings, Bjoern