Re: [gDesklets] Gdesklets in Gutsy broken?

On Sun, 2007-11-18 at 21:16 +0000, Neil Cumpstey wrote:

> In the upgrade from Feisty to Gutsy gdesklets stayed the same version,
> the desklet stayed the same. Python could be a variable. Did Python
> 2.5 come with Gutsy? I know I used to have 2.4, and now have 2.5.
> Could there be compatibility issues there?

After some more playing, It is looking more and more like there is
something else wrong in the gdesklets package (or one of its
dependencies). There is another desklet included in the debian package
called ShadowImage. This one is giving the same errors that I get in
mine whenever it attempt to change an image uri.

Failed to set URI /home/shizeon/Pictures/Unsorted/IMG_0089.JPG for key
uri.

I tried this on a fresh install and an upgraded gutsy with the same
results. At one point I got a

	/usr/lib/gdesklets/gdesklets-daemon:120: GtkWarning: gdk_draw_pixbuf:
assertion `GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)' failed
  gtk.main()

It almost seems like there is some issue drawing the images on screen.
Like a python/gtk binding problem in gdesklets...

I will keep playing, but if anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Thanks,
- Sean