Re: [gDesklets] Gdesklets in Gutsy broken?

On Sun, 2007-11-18 at 21:16 +0000, Neil Cumpstey wrote:
> Having said that, on I think the third reboot gdesklets came back!
>
> I've just tried the SlideShow desklet, and it is giving the sort of
> error message as you quote. My log gives me some more that I wouldn't
> expect though. I set it to open an image from the folder:
> /media/Media/Pictures/old Photos/, and I get messages such as:
> Warning: Couldn't open file "None".
> Warning: Couldn't open file "/media/Media/Pictures/icons".
> Now what it's doing looking in the wrong folder I'm not sure. There
> are a load of the None errors, and I don't know where they'll be
> coming from either.
>
> In the upgrade from Feisty to Gutsy gdesklets stayed the same version,
> the desklet stayed the same. Python could be a variable. Did Python
> 2.5 come with Gutsy? I know I used to have 2.4, and now have 2.5.
> Could there be compatibility issues there?
>
> neil

Neil, thanks for the advice. I think you are right that is probably has
something to do with the some python changes, not gdesklets. This was my
first venture in to python coding, so I'm sure it is something that I
didn't do quite correctly and now it is bombing out now. Now, on to
figuring out what I did :)

- Sean