Re: Locked file prevents logging in by user on client

You mentioned that your home directory is mounted over NFS.

Make sure that your user account is not in use on any of the other
machines connected to this NFS share.

I wish to see GConfd "networkified" so that multiple machines can
actively support Gnome applications using the same user account.  Yet
still I havn't seen much progress in this direction.

It is quite likely that the temp files gconfd is referring to exist in
the /tmp directory of a different machine.

Once in an effort to get this to work I actually shared the same /tmp
directory across NFS.  It didn't really work that well.  I learned that
Unix sockets don't work over NFS (am I'm saying that correctly?).

-Joe