Re: Problems after installing schemas from a spec file

Hi Cyrille,

On Fri, 2004-06-25 at 10:17, Cyrille Moureaux wrote:

> I've recently seen that issue, where the root umask applies to the files
> created by running gconftool. The spec file probably needs to be
> modified to explicitly set the umask before running the command. Maybe
> the default root umask has changed recently in the user environment.

	Yeah, that's my guess too - but I'm interested as to whether anyone
knows why this behaviour actually changed and why it doesn't happen for
all packages. I don't explicitly change the umask in any of my packages
before installing the schemas.

	Ah, some more details are coming back to me! :-)

	It all depends on the permissions of the toplevel dir for that source -
the backend copies those permissions for all new files it creates. See
markup-backend.c:resolve_address().

	So, in Fedora at least, the GConf2 package owns
/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults and explicitly sets the permissions on the
dir to 755.

Cheers,
Mark.