Problems after installing schemas from a spec file

Hi All,

 I have an application that uses gconf to store some preferences. I
distribute my app in RPM format, with a .spec file that installs my
schemas in the following way:

export GCONF_CONFIG_SOURCE=`gconftool-2 --get-default-source`
export SCHEMA=%{_sysconfdir}/gconf/schemas/<myappname>.schemas
gconftool-2 --makefile-install-rule $SCHEMA > /dev/null

 Until some time ago (maybe coincidentally, before gnome 2.6 and
Fedora Core 2 were released), my users did not report any problems
with the installation.

 But now I am getting reports from people running gnome 2.6 that
after installation, only root is able to execute the program (I do
not run 2.6, so I am unable to test things myself). What we found
is that normal users are not able to read the keys/values, and that
is because my program's keys/vals are not being installed for them.

 Here is an example from my schema:
    <schema>
      <key>/schemas/apps/gnochm/preferences/html_bg_color</key>
      <applyto>/apps/gnochm/preferences/html_bg_color</applyto>
      <owner>gnochm</owner>
      <type>string</type>
      <default>#ffffffffffff</default>
      <locale name="C">
        <short>The background color for the Html window.</short>
        <long>A string representation of the default background color
for the Html window.</long>
      </locale>
    </schema>

I am using "get_string" to read this particular information in my code.

Now, all of this appeared to work fine before - anyone has any idea
why this could be happening? Am I doing something wrong in my
installation script? Were there any changes in gconf for Gnome 2.6 that
could have caused these side effects?

Thanks a lot for your help
RubensHi All,

[...]

I also noticed in some of the past threads that it seems that gconfd
has to be restarted in some circumstances - is that the case here?
If it is, why did it work before?

Thanks a lot for your help
Rubens