Re: Faster automatic shutdown

Hi Sean,

On Wed, 2003-09-24 at 14:28, Sean Atkinson wrote:
> My setup is Red Hat 9 with Ximian Desktop 2, all fully updated (i.e.
> GConf2-2.2.0-1.ximian.6.7).

	There are a couple of simple solutions. For a trivial demo, simply add
'ORBIIOPIPv4=1' to /etc/orbitrc on both machines, killall -9 gconfd-2
everywhere and it'll work off the remote gconfd.

	For a different solution, install Gnome 2.4's gconfd which uses local
locks by default [ I believe ], and killall -9 gconfd-2 everywhere
again.

	HTH,

		Michael.

--
 michael ximian com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot