Re: Gconf/Corba Errors

On Thu, 2003-04-24 at 10:58, Michael Meeks wrote:

> 	Ok - I'm guessing you're running on Solaris instead of Linux then; can
> you try running 'lsof' on gconfd-2 instead.

Yes, it's a Solaris 8 box... unfortunately I've had to fix the issue and
reboot since then to actually get some work done, so there's probably no
point in doing this now :)  But it happens every week or two so I'm sure
the opportunity will arise again...

> > a) We tried launching gedit after setting 'GCONF_DEBUG_TRACE_CLIENT'
> > environment variable and it gave the following result:
>
> 	Ok; this looks more interesting; can you run linc-cleanup-sockets, and
> then send me the contents of ls /tmp/orbit-$USER, and the IOR in cat
> ~/.gconfd/lock/ior
>
> 	Do you have any /tmp cleanup daemon running or something that could
> accidentally remove a load of live sockets ?

Nothing I'm aware of, just a standard S8 box with Sun's GNOME 2.0
running on it.  (Nobody else in the office is having the problem, so
it's probably not the result of something our friendly sysadmins are
doing either...)

Cheeri,
Calum.